Friday, July 11, 2008

007 Straps


Worked on a new design this last week for a client. Wasn't sure how it would go. I caught a glimpse of my assistant in the mirror looking truely pensive. He was very concerned (as was I) about the shoulder straps. Too thin and they dig in, to wide and no one smiles as you walk by. It is a dilemma. We went halter. Also, I knew someting was missing, so I called in a long white shirt from Charvet (why not? they dressed both JFK and Marcel Proust?). I had one delivered extra long. I turned it inside out on the dressform and pinned it tight along the side seams. I added a tie as a belt, stitched it all up (or rather, my assistant did) wrapped the whole package in a custom built leather and linen box, filled with additional gifts such as extra-dark chocolate cigars, a carved wooden rabbit, a collection of miniature sunglasses (thanks Oliver P) and a Delila CD, and presented my client a swimsuit with a matching belted shirt-dress swimrobe. She loved tieing and untieing the tie-belt. Must remember to call about the shoes she wanted...

6 comments:

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi from Paris Serg

I noticed that you like street style, so i just wanted to inform you that the Paris fashion week ended last week and i did nice street style photo reportages you might like.
you can appreciate them at www.styleandthecity.com

I hope i didn't disturb you with that information.

I wish you a great evening and lot of happiness with your blog

cheers from Paris

Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS

designerman said...

hello serg:

i enjoyed looking at your blog. as a fellow designer/illustrator/blogger, check out mine too:

http://designerman-whatisawtoday.blogspot.com/

cheers, richard

Landis said...

dear lord.

who are you designing for??

I WANT A WOODEN RABBIT AND A CHARVET SHIRT IN A LEATHER BOX!

it's gotta be heidi montag. only she would have such discerning taste . . .

Terren said...

may i ask what the medium was for this picture? i keep staring and i'm almost sure it's watercolor. anyway, it's lovely, lovely, lovely.

Serg Riva said...

Dear Landis,

no one deserves a carved wooden rabbit more than you. Loved what you did at Old Navy, can't wait to see what you do next. How was shooting with Darius Khanji? (been reading your blog... love his work - and yours too...)

Glad you liked the little extras that came with the swimsuit. It's always the little extras, non?

Serg Riva said...

Terren,

watercolor on paper. Wet into wet.